25.2.08

Char Siu Spare Ribs

I was just rearranging the kitchen counter and found a bottle of charsiu marinade. Not really sure what it is for except for the usual "babi merah" in chinese resto, I googled for the recipe. Apparently charsiu is excellent for barbecue ribs marinade, and sometimes barbecue chicken.

I felt like modifying the recipe slightly.

Ingredients:
* 2 large slabs of baby spare ribs
* half bottle of charsiu marinade from Lee Kum Kee
* 1 full tbs of honey
* 1 tsp chili powder
* 2 pcs garlic, grated
* 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
* 1/2 cup of rum/brandy - I use Chivas

Directions:
1.) Prepare a large enough container or large ziplock bag
2.) Marinade the ribs in mixture
3.) Rum/brandy (aku pake whiskey) are supposed to help the marinade to absorb quicker
4.) Leave the ribs to marinade for 4-5 hrs, overnight is better
5.) Place in an oven for 40 mnts, then change to grill for another 15-20 mnts

Note: I can't have an oven in my hotel room, so sent the ribs down to the chinese kitchen for grilling in a proper oven. It came out grilled to perfection. Wow!

**Recipe modified from AmazingRibs.com
** View recipe in Indonesian version at DHILICIOUS

No comments: